Re: [xml] XML_PARSE_HUGE not working

Any thoughts on this? It seems like a bug to me.

Thanks,

-Tom

From: xml <xml-bounces gnome org> On Behalf Of Floodeenjr, Thomas
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 4:48 PM
To: xml gnome org
Subject: [xml] XML_PARSE_HUGE not working

Hello,

When using libxml2-2.7.8, we called xmlReadFile( filePath, NULL, XML_PARSE_HUGE ); in our code, and it worked fine. After upgrading to libxml2-2.9.9, this no longer works, the XML_PARSE_HUGE flag is not “remembered”. However, if we hard-code ctxt->options |= XML_PARSE_HUGE; in the beginning of xmlCtxtUseOptionsInternal() in parser.c, then it works.

Is there a trick to getting XML_PARSE_HUGE to work without modifying parser.c?

Thanks,

-Tom