Re: [xml] Possibly incomplete step 4.7 of the RELAXNG simplification process

Hi!

This has been fixed in merge request #10:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libxml2/merge_requests/10

along with some other RELAX NG issues that I found as well.

 Nikolai

Nikolai Weibull, 2018-09-07 20:49:

I think that something is broken in the way libxml2 handles step 4.7
of the RELAXNG simplification process.

Say that we have the following RELAXNG grammars.

a.rng:

<grammar xmlns="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0";>
 <include href="b.rng">
   <start>
     <notAllowed/>
   </start>
 </include>
 <start combine="choice">
   <element name="a">
     <empty/>
   </element>
 </start>
</grammar>

b.rng:

<grammar xmlns="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0";>
 <include href="c.rng">
   <start>
     <notAllowed/>
   </start>
 </include>
 <start combine="choice">
   <element name="b">
     <empty/>
   </element>
 </start>
</grammar>

c.rng:

<grammar xmlns="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0";>
 <start>
   <element name="c">
     <empty/>
   </element>
 </start>
</grammar>

The grammar defined in a.rng (and its included files) is accepted by
Jing as is.  Libxml2 however, complains that

a.rng:5: element notAllowed: Relax-NG parser error : Some <start>
element miss the combine attribute