[xml] Libxml2 2.9.4 Windows 64-bit Warnings

Hi.

I'm trying to compile the 2.9.4 release on VS2015/64 bit, and there are quite a few pointer cast warnings (void*) <-> (long).

It seems Bruce Dawson has commented on this back in 11/2015 (https://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2015-November/msg00000.html):
Subject "Possible 64-bit issues in xml 2.9.2"

and it seems no patches have made it into the 2.9.4 release.

Is anyone still working on that? My takeaway for now is that these casts don't matter anyway, since the (void*) here are just used for some integer/flag values.

On a related note: I've looked at the last commits on (https://git.gnome.org/browse/libxml2/commit) and it seems it is standard practice in Libxml2 code to continue to assume `long`==pointer-size, (saw some `size_t` to `unsigned long` casts) which is obviously not true on the Windows 64-bit platform, where it will remain 32-bit, and also not guaranteed by the C standard.

What's the current stance on that?

cheers,
Martin