Re: [xml] Availability of libxml2-2.9.4 release candidate 1

On Wed, May 04, 2016 at 01:05:23PM +0100, Stewart Brodie wrote:
Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:

  So as said a few weeks ago, I'm starting the process for a new release,
I tagged in git a release candidate 1, and pushed to the server the
signed tarball and rpms for rc1:

  I will run this on my machine for the newxt few weeks, and see if there
is any nastyness popping up. I suggest others to do so too for their
workload ! I still have a number of patches pending and not commited, so
there will be more release candidates, at least one more next week-end,
and at best we can have a final release in 2 weeks, but if we need more
cycles, so be it !

  So give it some testing, thanks !

This fails to cross-compile for me, due to use of icu-config and also the
configure script finding the build machine's rather than the
cross-compiled version when testing whether zlib is available.

I raised bug 765979 for this, and attached patches there directly that
resolve the issue for me.

These are actually be long-standing issues rather than new problems since
the 2.9.3 release. I've been patching the icu-config usage out of the
configure script in 2.9.1 for ages, but the zlib problem was new in 2.9.2 (I
think - we just jumped from 2.9.1 to 2.9.3 last week, which caused some of
our builds to all keel over)

  Okay, since the patches fallback to the previous code if pkg-config step
fails I think this is the best way to handle this, so pushed and applied

 Thanks !


Daniel Veillard      | Open Source and Standards, Red Hat
veillard redhat com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit | virtualization library

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]