Re: [xml] [libxslt] GPL-licensed file being distributed with MIT-licensed libxslt

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 11:11:53PM +0200, Nick Wellnhofer wrote:
On 16/09/2015 22:51, Mike Dalessio wrote:
It appears as though the file

    libxslt-1.1.28/doc/tutorial2/libxslt_pipes.c

is GPL licensed.

This file is being distributed in the libxslt source tarball, which is at odds
with libxslt's MIT license.

The same goes for doc/tutorial/libxslt_tutorial.c which libxslt_pipes.c
claims to be based on. Both files are based on the MIT-licensed xsltproc.c
but there's nothing wrong with that.

Any thoughts on what, if anything, should be done about it?

It's only part of the documentation, so I don't see a problem.

  Simplest is to find and ask the authors if they are fine relicencing
those, hopefully they see no problem and I will fix this, I tried to contact
them, let's see how it goes,

Daniel