Re: [xml] Support of HTML v5 parsing

On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 12:54:01PM +0000, Yuri U. wrote:
Hi, Daniel!
I want to propose my solution to this issue.
 This solution is not perfect and it does not implement the full functionality(SVG, MathML), but perhaps
this patch will be useful to you for the implementation of HTML5 support.
--
Yuriy Ustushenko

  Hi Yuriy,

that looks like a very good start, would have been better if the parser context
didn't need tweaking as well as xmlDtd. Also I'm not sure about the way to
detect HTML5:

+    if (name != NULL && !xmlStrcasecmp(name, BAD_CAST "HTML")) {
+        if (ExternalID == NULL && ((SystemID == NULL) ||
+            !xmlStrcasecmp(SystemID, BAD_CAST "about:legacy-compat"))) {
+            cur->html_schema = &html5Schema;

 seems a bit too inclusive, Looks like we would default to html5 each time
there is an  URI for the systemID, which a lot of HTML4 do.
I like separating the big structure into separate C files, this cleans things
up !
 I need to explore this more, but again this looks like a very good first step,

    thanks a lot !

Daniel