Re: [xml] Which XPATH syntax does xmlstarlet support?

On Thu, 2015-04-23 at 19:04 -0500, Andrew Pennebaker wrote:
When I try to hand xmlstarlet the same XPATH query syntax I use in
Chrome
and Firefox, xmlstarlet never seems to find any results. Is there a
document detailing the idiosyncrasies of xmlstarlet XPATH vs WebKit
XPATH,
so that I know how to convert my browser queries into xmlstarlet-
compatible
queries?

The most likely incompatibility is that Web browsers violate the XPath
spec to ignore namespaces, and libxml follows the spec.

Next most is that Web browsers don't fetch DTDs, but that's less
likely to be the issue.

Liam