Re: [xml] libxslt test suite broken by recent libxml2 commit

Some further notes:

First of all, I wonder why I get the warning without the --valid option.

This is because some ID checks are made regardless of the --valid option. Makes sense.

Second, I can’t see why the id attribute would be already defined.

This is because an external entity is parsed using the original document as context doc:

    https://git.gnome.org/browse/libxml2/tree/parser.c?id=33f658c969501bb246f8d4c6d21772948c7bc965#n12987

Then, when entities are replaced, the ID values have already been added to the doc. This should probably be
fixed in libxml2 but I’m not sure what’s the best approach.

The other issue in the libxslt test suite is that the HTML docbook tests actually create documents with
duplicate “name” attributes which are treated as IDs in HTML documents. This might be fixed in a newer
version of docbook-xsl. But the easiest fix for now is to simply add the warning messages to the expected
test output.

Nick