Re: [xml] Should a Windows zip file for LIBXML2 contain all the files needed to build a simple LIBXML2 example program?

* Tony Girgenti wrote:
I'm trying to build a simple LIBXML2 example program from here:
http://xmlsoft.org/tutorial/apc.html using the supposedly Windows libxml2
folders from here: ftp://ftp.zlatkovic.com/libxml/

Should the all files that I need to build that simple program in Windows be
contained in the  libxml2-2.7.8.win32.zip
<ftp://ftp.zlatkovic.com/libxml/libxml2-2.7.8.win32.zip>  file?

The package contains pre-compiled .exe and .dll files and also the
corresponding .lib files and the libxml2 .h header files, which is
generally all you need, yes. You do have to tell Visual Studio where
it should look for files like `xmlreader.h` though (the key word is
"include directory" paths; they can be configured in the compiler
settings).
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjoern hoehrmann de · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de