Re: [xml] xml:base missing on result from XInclude?

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 11:30:17AM +0200, Susanne Oberhauser-Hirschoff wrote:
Hi,

Susanne Oberhauser-Hirschoff <froh suse com> writes:

  Hi Susanne,

Daniel, in 2003 you wrote this:
https://www.sourceware.org/ml/docbook/2003-03/msg00101.html

I tried to minimize the addition of xml:base when it could be avoided
in practice (i.e. if the absence of the xml:base would not generate
erroneous URI-References to URI computations). This was a deployment
trade-off that I will fix when XInclude and xml:base will get better
acceptance.

Daniel

I've provided a patch that makes it an option, and a patch that just
does it as per the test suite.

Either option is ok for me.

I'd appreciate one of them to be considered upstream, so I don't have to
maintain an extra patchset.

The use case is valid debugging information 'which file does this
fragment originate from' using lxml or any other tool based on libxml2.

  I completely missed your reply then and the patch, I will look at it
before pushing 2.9.2,

  thanks !

Daniel