Re: [xml] libxml2 and SSE4.2 optimizations

Based purely on my own experience, these provide mixed benefit to a
fully validating parser. It depends on your input and how willing you
are to specialize.

For XML 1.0, valid code points are explicit and there are a ton of
them. It's not something easily fit into this SSE model. You're still
going to end up checking each code point individually and a simple LUT
already does this really quickly. You may be able to speed this up
somewhat by special-casing when you're decoding UTF-8 and all bytes
represent a single code point.