Re: [xml] xml:base missing on result from XInclude?

Hi,

Susanne Oberhauser-Hirschoff <froh suse com> writes:

Daniel, in 2003 you wrote this:
https://www.sourceware.org/ml/docbook/2003-03/msg00101.html

I tried to minimize the addition of xml:base when it could be avoided
in practice (i.e. if the absence of the xml:base would not generate
erroneous URI-References to URI computations). This was a deployment
trade-off that I will fix when XInclude and xml:base will get better
acceptance.

Daniel

I've provided a patch that makes it an option, and a patch that just
does it as per the test suite.

Either option is ok for me.

I'd appreciate one of them to be considered upstream, so I don't have to
maintain an extra patchset.

The use case is valid debugging information 'which file does this
fragment originate from' using lxml or any other tool based on libxml2.

thx,

S.

--
Susanne Oberhauser                     SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
+49-911-74053-574                      Maxfeldstraße 5