Re: [xml] libxml2 version 2.9.0: xpath.c:xmlXPathStringEvalNumber() - not 100% fails to parse float with leading '+'

One thing I don't see a lot of which could be useful in this case -- environment variable.  Then it can default to the current setting, and be set to another.  This sometimes matters because some people use parsers that don't always interpret as we do ... I had trouble with an MS Server not accepting POST from nano_http because of CR/LF disagreement ... as if the world doesn't know about this problem and should just code around it always.   Arghh.   I accept a lot of XML from mom/pop companies that are not sophisticated -- I had so much trouble with people not being able to capitalize properly (saleAmt vs SaleAmt vs Saleamt) and I was sick of the support calls for nonsense, so I made an environment to ignore case (our XML NEVER has tags with the same letters in different cases) ... this is of course completely insane and follows no standard except one of my favorites -- 20 less phone calls every day for months as new customers sign up to send orders by XML.

If anyone is interested I have some mods to libxml2 along those lines.  For example I have one that eliminates the headers on XML files -- for internal exchanges where I know the encoding and so forth and don't want to waste the bytes -- another environment.

Anyway, I only suggest this if someone is actually getting XML with a leading plus and can't do much about it.  It is sometimes easier to just accept it.