Re: [xml] Regarding Adding namespace prefix to the Root Element

I don't know what you mean by "wrong."  It works.  I have done it that way for years.  In fact, namespaces can bea real pain and sometimes it is easier to just add them as attributes and make the tag names as you did  ns:tag than it is to try and figure out the "right way."  Part of the reason is some people (like Fedex for example) in their SOAP calls require the "ns:" before every element even if it is the default namespace ... and libxml2 outputs it correctly as far as I read the specs and works perfectly for most people (UPS, USPS for example).  Rather than fight it ... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  And if it works, it ain't broke.  Eric