Re: [xml] xmlParseChunk and quotes

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 5:35 PM, Csaba Raduly <rcsaba gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 4:47 PM, j j  wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm using xmlParseChunk function to parse the following xml
> fragment. xmlParseChunk takes is as input.
>
> ... <car color="id=&quot;43&quot;"> ...
>
> the resulting attribute is as follows:
> color="id"43""
>
> How can I force xmlParseChunk not to encode &quot; as " and leave it intact. I
> would expect the following resulting attribute:
>
> color="id=&quot;43&quot;"

Hi j j,
When your XML contains   color="id=&quot;43&quot;"
then the name of the attribute is "color" and the value of the
attribute is the following seven characters.

i d = " 4 3 "

Since this is now a C string, not XML source, you get the value that
&quot; represents, i.e. a double-quote character. It is
xmlParseChunk's job to make this transformation.

Csaba

Thanks for quick reply but I would like the quotes in an attribute value not to be transformed to: "
I would like it to be:
id=&quot;43&quot;

How can I tell xmlParseChunk libxml2 not to transform it to: "

thanks for an aswer