Re: [xml] pretty-print & format

Hello,

While libxml does a great job reducing amount of text with ‘xmlDocDumpFormatMemoryEnc’ 's last
argument, ‘format’ to remove spaces & newlines and converting <Node></Node> to <Node/>.

I'd like it to drop the root node completely if all childs are empty, like here:
<root>
  <Node1/>
</root>

I'm not sure I understand, do you want libxml2 to drop nodes? You cannot expect the library to do more than
"cosmetic" formatting changes.

Or something else what may help reduce network load.

Compression?

Regards,
Romain Bondue

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne
doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez
le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles
d'alteration,

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by
law;
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its
attachments.
Thank you.