Re: [xml] XPath on a subtree

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 07:47:34PM +0300, Roumen Petrov wrote:
Daniel Veillard wrote:
[...]
  Those are non-standard practices of libxml2 development
and I reused them into libxslt and libvirt :-)

Ok but for instance NEWS file is one of autogenerated documentation
that is not updated .
Git repo show :

|to the SVN at
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/libxml2/trunk/
 code base.Here is the list of public releases:
2.7.6: Oct  6 2009:

  yup the script to update it wasn't actualized to git when we switched
i'm afraid, annoying but minor

Next is that after buf api updates 'elf gcc hack' is not implemented
(see attached file "0002-elfgcchack-for-buf-module.patch").
This update will change header - see attached
"0003-elfgcchack.h-after-rebuild-in-doc.patch".

Another issue is that win32/libxml2.def.src is not updated. This
impact makefile based windows builds - ref win32 directory.

Also another minor issue is that libxml-xzlib.html is not listed in
distribution ( 0012-rebuild-docs-Makefile.am.patch) . May be is not
reported if official source tarbal is build differently than make
dist.

  Okay, all 3 patches applied and pushed, thanks !

Off-topic: automake 13+ include improved macro to detect python.
May be could be used instead custom one. Next part from configure

  Well I'm just cautious :-) and I think I am not sone yet
with the python3 stuff, I am tempted to actually detect both python2
and python3 in some ways.

script show defect on tested platform :
# does not work as it produce a /usr/lib/python path instead
of/usr/lib64/python
#
#    PYTHON_SITE_PACKAGES=`$PYTHON -c "from distutils import
sysconfig; print(sysconfig.get_python_lib())"`
On my system I think that results is expected one:
$ python -c 'from distutils import sysconfig;
print(sysconfig.get_python_lib())'
/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages

  Well, you are lucky :)
actually I get /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages and the directory
exists and is not empty :-\

I think that recent python updates require at least 2.7+ or 3.1+
(Capsule object).

  yes that's annoying as I would still like to be able to build on
RHEL-5 which has only python-2.4 so I will probably fix the C bindings
to still use CObjects when Capsules are not available.

Daniel