[xml] Namespace errors with XML fragement parsed by XMLReader

Hi,

I’m parsing an XML fragment (rather than a complete document) using XMLReader. The fragment contains some elements with namespace declarations, I had expected the reader to just ignore these namespace declarations rather than exit on the first read() operation. However XMLReader does just that, exits with an error on the first read().

I haven’t found a way to declare namespaces in the C API or options/config to ignore the namespaces. I can however change implementation in parser.c in two places so that the namespace errors are not reported or propagated, but this doesn’t feel the right thing to do.

Are there any API’s or other approaches I could take? I expect I may have missed something in the API.

best regards,