[xml] libxml2 2.8.0 -- configure problem

I’m attempting to run the configure script of libxml 2.8.0 on a Centos 5.8 system, and I keep getting this:

config.status: creating include/libxml/Makefile

config.status: creating doc/Makefile

config.status: creating doc/examples/Makefile

config.status: creating doc/devhelp/Makefile

config.status: creating example/Makefile

config.status: creating python/Makefile

config.status: creating python/tests/Makefile

config.status: creating xstc/Makefile

config.status: creating include/libxml/xmlversion.h

config.status: creating xml2-config

config.status: creating libxml-2.0.pc

config.status: creating libxml-2.0-uninstalled.pc

config.status: creating python/setup.py

config.status: creating config.h

config.status: config.h is unchanged

config.status: executing libtool commands

/bin/rm: cannot remove `libtoolT': No such file or directory

Done configuring

(note that this is just the end of the configure output, there are many, many lives of apparently normal output prior to this.)

I’m neither an autoconf guru, nor a libtool guru, either, so I have been unable to figure out what the configure script is attempting to do here.

Advice would be appreciated.

Fred Smith

Senior Applications Programmer/Analyst

Computrition, Inc.