[xml] Modifying Text Nodes

How do I change the content of a text node? There is a function for
merging such nodes. However, I need to make unrestricted changes,
insertions, deletions, replacements, etc. I may also want to completely
replace the content with something else.

This is for the Braille transcription software I am developing.

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com