[xml] Error while compiling

Title: Error while compiling

<<Error.doc>>

Hi,

I have been trying to install lxml to use with Python.One of the prerequisite for the above software is to install libxml2-2.7.8 and I am getting an error when I follow the steps in Readme.txt under win32 folder.

Step that was followed

Step 1 :execute the following

  cscript configure.js compiler=msvc prefix=c:\opt include=c:\opt\include lib=c:\opt\lib debug=yes

     Execued succeesfully

Step:2
  when I execute the following step,I get the 'fatal error U1020:end-of-file found before next directive Stop'
 nmake /f Makefile.msvc

I found an email in archive 'http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2011-February/msg00003.html' but looks like the patch has been already applied in the Makefile.msvc.Please let me know what else will the issue here

Thanks,
Rathi

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No. 90312. Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc may monitor e-mails for business and operational purposes. By replying to this message you give your consent to our monitoring of your email communications with us.

Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by The Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry out such virus and other checks as it considers appropriate.