Re: [xml] The order of arguments when compiling

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 9:06 AM,  <spam spam spam spam free fr> wrote:
Hum... I prefer a solution which works if we type :
$ ./configure
$ make
$ make install

If I request my users to do :
$ ./configure
$ make LIBS=`xml2-config --libs`
$ make install
I think they will not be happy.

The best thing is to edit my Makefile.am correctly.

Do you know what is incorrect in my Makefile.am?

I think that  `xml2-config --libs` , which outputs -L options (that go
into LDFLAGS) and -l options (that go into LDADD) together, does not
play well with automake that expects them separately.
If xml2-config had separate --ldflags and --libs options, it would
have been easier for you. Unfortunately, it doesn't.

Csaba