Re: [xml] Remove whitespaces from text nodes

On 14 February 2012 09:59,  <spam spam spam spam free fr> wrote:
Hello,

I write a C program using the libxml2 library.
It takes as argument an input XML file and it displays the content at the screen.

This is the input file :
<library name="library of UM2">
       <book name="Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software"
               author="Erich Gamma"
               editor="Addison Wesley"
               isbn="9780201633610">
               My book "A"
       </book>
       <book name="Computer Networks"
               author="Andrew S. Tanenbaum"
               editor="Prentice Hall"
               isbn="9780133499452">
               My book "B"
       </book>
       <book name="Introduction to Algorithms"
               author="Thomas H. Cormen"
               editor="MIT Press"
               isbn="9780262033848">
               My book "C"
       </book>
</library>

This is the output :
$ src/xmlnodelistgetstring data/data.xml
"
               My book "A"
       "
"
               My book "B"
       "
"
               My book "C"
       "

I would like to have this output (without editing my XML file) :
"My book "A""
"My book "B""
"My book "C""

The useless whitespaces are removed from text nodes.

Is there a function which do this work?

Take a look at the xmllint source, it has a --noblanks option which
sets xmlKeepBlanksDefault(0);

Laurence