Re: [xml] Problem with public entity references

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 02:38, Noam Postavsky
<npostavs users sourceforge net> wrote:
Nikolai Weibull <now bitwi se> writes:

<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog" prefer="public">

doesnât help.

I followed along in the debugger a bit, it looks like the catalog isn't
being consulted at all. It's getting stuck in a loop while parsing a.dtd:

1. Define %a as an entity in a.dtd
2. encounter %a
3. load the contents of a.dtd, i.e Go To Step 1

I guess it stops when it runs out of file descriptors.

I just remembered that Iâve asked about this previously.  Daniel then
pointed out that "" refers to the current document and leads to a
corner-case in the âXML standard(s)â that, in turn, lead to this
infinite regress.