Re: [xml] Important: possible incompatible changes ahead for 2.9.0 !

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 10:03:39AM +0200, Johan Corveleyn wrote:
On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 9:43 AM, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
[...]
 That said there are ways to get "long" line numbers stored in adjacent
nodes c.f. xmlGetLineNo()
  But not knowing how you actually use the parser nor how you
use the schemas validation, I cant tell if you can extract full line
numbers. It should be possible in the xmlReader for example.
But I don't know how you validate, maybe this could be added, but
I have no details from you to reproduce your specific situation so ...

Thanks for the information.

The problem I'm seeing is with schema validation of xmllint. Schema
validation errors happening after line 65535 are always reported by
xmllint as line 65535. If you'd like I can draw up a quick example, or
write a script to generate such a file and then reproduce it.

So maybe that particular problem is only in xmllint's usage of the
libraries (when doing schema validation), and maybe that can be fixed
there by accessing those long line numbers?

an instance would compress very well I assume :) send that, the schemas
and show me how you're running xmllint. XSD can be validated though a
normal tree, the reader or SAX. there might be ways to get extended line
informations in all case in a controlled environment like xmllint.

Daniel