Re: [xml] Important: possible incompatible changes ahead for 2.9.0 !

I'll make sure it gets in this week

Rob

On Aug 6, 2012, at 6:46 AM, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:

On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 03:00:38PM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
[...]
So where there is such use of direct access, check the LIBXML2_NEW_BUFFER
macro and if present then
  - replace buf->buffer->content with xmlOutputBufferGetContent(buf)
  - replace buf->buffer->use with xmlOutputBufferGetSize(buf)

 Attached is a patch for php-5.4.5, there is 3 places in the code
where this need fixing along the provided guidlines above.

 Remi, any idea how to best forward that patch to PHP upstream ?

Based on google  codesearch, other modules needing fixing are
 - libxml-ruby: in ext/libxml/ruby_xml_node.c: rxml_node_to_s()
 - classpath in gcc libjava: classpath/native/jni/xmlj/xmlj_io.c
 - possibly Nokogiri
 - lxml, I think we should make sure the default limit applied to
   XML parsing dictionary size does not impact it (I guess it should
   not but checking the main dictionary of lxml limit new field is
   kept to 0 is important) as IIRC there is one shared dictionary for
   all instances, Stefan could you double check the behaviour there
   with the new version ?

 thanks !

Daniel