Re: [xml] Ability to plug in schema validation on top libxml2 SAX parser

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 02:05:54PM -0800, Sarmishtha Bhattacharya wrote:
Hi,

I tried using xmlSchemaValidateStream() but i get error, the snippet of the
code i writing is:

*xmlSAXHandler* saxHandler = new xmlSAXHandler();
saxHandler->initialized = XML_SAX2_MAGIC;
saxHandler->startElement = &ParseData::start_parse;
saxHandler->endElement = &ParseData::end_parse;
saxHandler->characters = &ParseData::value_parse;

ParseData pdata;
xmlParserInputBufferPtr buf = NULL;
buf = xmlParserInputBufferCreateMem(xmlstr.c_str(), int(xmlstr.length()),

XML_CHAR_ENCODING_NONE);
int ret = xmlSchemaValidateStream(ctxt, buf, XML_CHAR_ENCODING_NONE,
saxHandler,
                                                    &pdata);
if (ret == 0)
   cout<<"validated "<<endl;
else if (ret > 0)
   cout<<"validation failed"<<endl;
else
   cout<<"Some internal error while validation"<<endl;*

the return value from *xmlSchemaValidateStream() *is <0. Could you see why
it would be so?

  Minimal engineer logic would obviously point out that for a schemas to
validate an XML you would need to pass both the schemas and the XML.
Nowhere in the code pasted there is information about a schemas to use. I
don't have a cristal ball, and I don't know how to program one either.
On the other hand you have complete working code reusable for this purpose
in the xmllint.c file part of the distriubution as I previously pointed
out.

Daniel