Re: [xml] libxml2, xpath, accessing attribute value

> Hello,
>
> I'm been experimenting with the xpath1.c program.  How does a person
> access the value of an attribute?  I tried a few things that did not work and I
> also read the man but that did not clarify the issue.
>
> I know I'm trying to access an attribute because the last item of my xpath
> is a '@example'.
>
> appreciate the help,
> Henry

Henry,

the XPATH syntax for accessing an attribute is

/path/to/node/@attribute

Note the slash in front of the '@' - it's not obvious or straightfoward I know but it works that way.

Cheers,

INTERCOPE International Communication Products Engineering GmbH
Himmelstrasse 12-16, 22299 Hamburg, Germany
Managing Directors: Reinhart Laumer, Frank Kollender
Commercial Registry: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 31 638