Re: [xml] compile libxml2.7.8 under cygwin&Win7 with mingw toolchain

lin hong schrieb am 06.12.2011 um 14:30 (-0500):

most work we did are under mac/linux, but for windows release, we are
using cygwin. is MSYS better than cygwin? I'm not familiar with
windows at all.

Cygwin is a POSIX emulation layer for Windows. Programs compiled for
Cygwin need the Cygwin runtime.

MinGW is a Windows port of the GNU compiler suite. Programs compiled
with MinGW use the Windows runtime.

Check this page:

Why does GCC-Windows depend on cygwin?
http://stackoverflow.com/a/237964

Note the question includes a wrong statement. The answers clear up the
confusion.

--
Michael Ludwig