[xml] xmlSetProp Escape Free.

Hello,

I'm using libxml2 to parse html documents, in the course of parsing I need to generate html links and append
them to the body of the documents, I'm currently using xmlSetProp like this

xmlNodePtr link = NULL;
link = xmlNewNode(NULL, "a");
xmlSetProp(link, (xmlChar *)"href", (xmlChar *)"/?p1=1&p2=2");

The thing is that libxml is escaping the & between the two parameters into & and this is obviously not
needed for html href's, I checked the mailing list and someone in 1999 proposed to implement xmlSetRawProp
but it seems it never made it, any ideas on how to overcome this?

virtually yours

Zaid