Re: [xml] inconsistent behavior by "xmlChildElementCount()"

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 02:36:09PM -0700, JerryWRice wrote:
Bjoem,

      You must be psychic, as I was in fact using
"xmlTextReaderCurrentNode()" to get the current node from the reader
(prior to invoking "xmlChildElementCount()").  I understand your
explanation, and upon changing my code to invoke
"xmlTextReaderExpand()", I now receive the correct child count.

  yes that's the right way to fix your problem.

      Do you have a recommendation for a comprehensive tutorial type
document for libxml2?  The online HTML help is good, but the
examples seem rather simple and sparse.

  There isn't much more, maybe you can look at some of the program
code in the sources like xmllint.c,

Daniel