[xml] Should passing XML_PARSE_NOWARNING to the xinclude processor suppress "XPointer evaluation failed" messages?

Hi.

I'm trying to standardise some OOP documentation. To that end, I've
got a DocBook 5 based document with 3 xi:include tags like ...

    <xi:include xpointer="xmlns(db=http://docbook.org/ns/docbook)
xpointer(id('class.datetime')/db:refentry/db:refsect1[
role='description']/descendant::db:constructorsynopsis[not(@role='procedural')])">
     <xi:fallback />
    </xi:include>
    <xi:include xpointer="xmlns(db=http://docbook.org/ns/docbook)
xpointer(id('class.datetime')/db:refentry/db:refsect1[
role='description']/descendant::db:destructorsynopsis[not(@role='procedural')])">
     <xi:fallback />
    </xi:include>
    <xi:include xpointer="xmlns(db=http://docbook.org/ns/docbook)
xpointer(id('class.datetime')/db:refentry/db:refsect1[
role='description']/descendant::db:methodsynopsis[not(@role='procedural')])">
     <xi:fallback />
    </xi:include>

I'm trying to build a standard template for use in all the OOP classes.

When I convert this, the output is correct. If there is a
destructorsynopsis, then all is well. If not, I get the fallback
(which is currently empty - that's fine).

But I also get a warning if there is no destructorsynopsis ...

XPointer evaluation failed: #xmlns(db=http://docbook.org/ns/docbook)
xpointer(id('class.datetime')/db:refentry/db:refsect1[
role='description']/descendant::db:destructorsynopsis[not(@role='procedural')])

I'm using PHP and this is for the PHP documentation.

If I pass XML_PARSE_NOWARNING to the xinclude function (which calls
xmlXIncludeProcessFlags()), the NOWARNING option doesn't have any
effect. I still get the warning. A value of -1 is correctly returned
to indicate that some processing failed.

Ideally, I'd like a way to use xpointer() and NOT have the warnings. Any ideas?

Or is this a bug.

Regards,

Richard Quadling.

--