Re: [xml] cross compiling libxml2 with mingw

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 12:18 PM, LRN <lrn1986 gmail com> wrote:
On 13.05.2010 22:51, Aaron Patterson wrote:
On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 10:58 AM, LRN <lrn1986 gmail com> wrote:

On 13.05.2010 21:43, Aaron Patterson wrote:

I'm trying to produce libxml2 DLLs for windows by cross compiling with
mingw.  The build process seems to produce the .a files, but I can't
figure out how to get DLLs to build.  Can anyone point me in the right
direction?

Here is the configure command I used:

  $ CFLAGS='-DIN_LIBXML' ./configure --host=i386-mingw32
--disable-static --with-zlib=/tmp/cross --with-iconv=/tmp/cross
--without-python --without-readline

I can attach the entire build log if that helps.

Thanks!

Try adding LDFLAGS="-no-undefined" to configure line, build, and then
review the build log (just a wild guess)

Still not finding them.  Here is the entire build log:

  http://gist.github.com/400240

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lz.
*** you link to this library. But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libz and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked:
/Users/apatterson/git/nokogiri/tmp/cross/lib/libz.a
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.
*** Since this library must not contain undefined symbols,
*** because either the platform does not support them or
*** it was explicitly requested with -no-undefined,
*** libtool will only create a static version of it. Try getting libz.la
for your libz.a (if your libz package doesn't provide one, you can
create it yourself, it's a relatively simple text shell script file). I
found that placing a proper .la file besides a .a file solves many
problems with libtool

Ugh.  I guess I've been staring at this too long.  Thanks.

For posterity, looks like my zlib build was producing a "libzdll.a"
rather than "libz.dll.a".

Thanks again.

--
Aaron Patterson