Re: [xml] autogen.sh failure

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 08:47:10AM -0400, Rob Richards wrote:
I had to do a fresh checkout on a fedora 12 system and was unable to
get autogen.sh to work in its current state. It's the change to use
autoreconf that causes it to no longer work. Same problem when
tested on OSX as well.

When it is run I got the following output:
I am going to run ./configure with no arguments - if you wish
to pass any to it, please specify them on the ./autogen.sh command line.
aclocal: couldn't open directory `m4': No such file or directory
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
./autogen.sh: line 63: ./configure: No such file or directory

Now type 'make' to compile libxml.

  What if you just create the m4 directory and just rerun autogen.sh ?

When run in verbose mode I never see autoreconf running libtoolize
(it does find it because when run in debug mode it properly detects
and outputs the version of libtoolize), so after running it manually
(both fedora and OSX):
libtoolize --copy --force

the autogen.sh script worked properly to setup the build environment.

Does the libtoolize line need to remain within the autogen.sh script
to insure it works across the board?

  I'm not sure but I think at some point I had to create that m4
directory and everything went well there after, maybe this need
to be added to autogen.sh

Creating the m4 directory before hand does the trick. We should probably add the following before the script executes autoreconf:

if [ ! -d $srcdir/m4 ]; then
   mkdir $srcdir/m4
fi

Rob