From: Michael Ludwig <mlu as-guides com>
Subject: Re: [xml] ignore undefined namespaces during parsing
To: xml gnome org
Date: Friday, September 4, 2009, 4:49 PM

mini thomas schrieb:

> How to parse with namespace turned off ??

Be aware that this means: How to go back a decade?

http://xmlsoft.org/namespaces.html

  The libxml2 library [...] does namespace lookup
  automatically when building the DOM tree.

I'm not sure this is supported in LibXML2; maybe it isn't.
Daniel will confirm or correct this when he passes.

Apache Xerces allows you to do setNamespaceAware(false).

-- Michael Ludwig