From: Michael Ludwig <mlu as-guides com>
Subject: Re: [xml] ignore undefined namespaces during parsing
To: xml gnome org
Date: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 8:23 PM

mini thomas schrieb:

> std::string s2 = "<root><nmspace:test1 hh=\"yyy\"></root>"
>  xmlDocPtr myDoc =  xmlParseDoc((const unsigned char*)s2.c_str());

This is not namespace-well-formed. Not even well-formed.

> I get the error "namespace error .. namespace prefix nmspace on test1
> is not declared"
>
> Is it possible to suppress this error ?

If it was possible and you used that, you could also consider using Perl
and regular expressions to do the parsing. I mean it would be counter to
the specification.

>  When I  call xmlNodeDump(root_node)  I get the following result
>  <root><test1 hh="yyy"></root>. Why is the namespace removed ? Is
>  there any when to serialize the DOM to a string with the namespace ?

You don't have a namespace there. If you want a namespace, make your
document namespace-well-formed:

<root xmlns:nmspace="urn:this-is-my-namespace-uri">
  <nmspace:test1 hh="yyy"/>
</root>

I suggest you ask Google how XML namespaces work. It is not too
complicated. Much, much less complicated then C pointers.

-- Michael Ludwig