Re: [xml] Possible problems making libxml2 non-threaded?

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 07:00:25PM +0200, Carsten Aulbert wrote:
Hi all,

we have a special problem that we would like to link to libxml2 but have
the problem that in our special case[1] we cannot use a pthread-enabled
version.

My question now simply is: Would there be any known (or suspected)
problems if we rebuilt the libxml2 packages with --without-threads other
than losing some performance?

  Theads support is about thread safety support not about performances.
If you're sure there is nothing on the whole OS using threads and libxml2
then you should be safe. But I have no way to estimate that and would be
rather pessimistic by default libxml2 is used in many software and many
may expect the default libxml2 behaviour. Your environment seems highly
specific, and it's impossible for me to make any assertion about it.

Daniel