Re: [xml] libxml2 re-entrancy (thread safe) for multiple "reads" of same file from different threads

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 07:35:43PM +0530, ebin jose wrote:
Hi,

I have few quires on thread safety (re-entrancy) of libxml2.
 read http://xmlsoft.org/threads.html
I think it answer your question.

In my application two different threads can call this (mentioned below)
function with same file.
DocPtr = xmlParseFile ( (const char *) FilePath)

{Apart from the above mentioned function, I will be calling libxml2 tree
API's to completely parse the file}

I believe this function will return two different DocPtr , then I can use

  Obviously, yes.

two pointers independently in my threads.
Is my assumption correct?

  yes.