[xml] htmlDocDumpMemory() vs xmlDocDumpMemory()

I am processing XHTML source files, rendering them to HTML strings, then loading the HTML string into a browser control (Webkit).

Originally I was generating the string by calling xmlDocDumpMemory(), but I kept reading articles that suggested you render as HTML if the result is being displayed by a browser. I changed to use htmlDocDumpMemory(), and my application still worked with no problems.

The source code in these cases contains <br />, <p />, etc. and I just verified that if I call xmlDocDumpMemory() that is what ends up in the output string. How can I achieve the same result using htmlDocDumpMemory? Or is there some other way I should be doing this?

Thanks,
Rush