Re: [xml] Parsing multiple documents with SAX - event handlers not triggered for subsequent docs

Rachael Churchill wrote:
Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 01:51:38PM +0000, Rachael Churchill wrote:

I'm having trouble parsing more than one document with the SAX interface. I can parse the first one fine, using xmlParseChunk, and set terminate=1 to indicate that this is the final chunk from that document, and xmlParseChunk returns success. Then I try to parse a second document, and none of the event handlers are triggered for that document, but xmlParseChunk still returns success for that document.

Do I need to do something else, as well as setting terminate=1, to indicate the end of the first document?

  a Parser context can be used only for one document ... unless you
reset it with the adequate funtion between 2 parsing.

Thanks. That wasn't clear from the documentation. Which is "the adequate function"? Is it xmlCtxtReset? I already tried that, but then I get error 5 (end of document) when parsing the second document.

xml mailing list, project page
xml gnome org

...or xmlCtxtResetPush? If so, what are the other arguments to that function supposed to be?

Is there a documentation page anywhere describing typical workflow? (e.g. "first you set up the handlers, then you call xmlParseChunk for each chunk you want to parse; you can only parse one document this way, so if you want to parse another one you need to call such-and-such between each document...")