Re: [xml] xmlReadFile(...) crashing on 2nd time around

Martin (gzlist) wrote:

On 10/12/2009, Andrew Hartley <andrew hartley bcs org uk> wrote:

This is my code to read an XML file, which works fine the 1st time
around,
but crashes the 2nd time around.  I must be not calling a required
library
function to tidy up and would appreciate if someone could advise on what
should do.

     xmlCleanupParser();

Remove that from your destructor.

<http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-parser.html#xmlCleanupParser>

"This function name is somewhat misleading. It does not clean up
parser state, it cleans up memory allocated by the library itself"

Martin

Thanks for the reply, but it was still doing the same before I put the call
into xmlCleanParser() and in view of the crash I thought that it would solve
the issue, but alas not.  I would appreciate if anyone can shed light on the
issue.

I am going to write a test program to loop round and try and re-create the
scenario and see what I can locate.  But would still appreciate others help.