Re: [xml] how-to ignore entities in text?

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 11:21:33AM -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [xml] how-to ignore entities in text?
From: Liam R E Quin <liam holoweb net>
To: Michael Cronenworth <mike cchtml com>
Date: 04/22/2009 11:15 AM

No, you need to escape it, e.g. &#38; or &amp;
Similarly for < (&lt;)

An XML processor is not allowed to claim that a file
with errors in it like this is XML.

Liam

Yes, that was my understanding, but the XML I have received (business)
contains bad "&" characters inside of XML tags. I guess I will argue to
get them changed. Thanks!

  Tell them it's not XML and no XML parser should ever accept to parse
it, the spec is cristal clear, they must escape ! They sent you rubbish!

  Even the CDATA trick doesn't work in the absolute because the
terminating sequences ]]> could perfectly be the result of a password
hash.

Daniel