[xml] creating a nodeset from a string

Hi!  I've got an html document that I'm trying to modify using libxml.

I need to be able to take a string that contains an arbitrary set of
html tags, turn those tags in to a nodeset, and scatter them about my
existing document.

What is the best way to go about this task?  Right now I'm parsing the
tags as if they are a whole new document, but that does not seem like
the correct solution to me.

I would appreciate any help I can get.  Thank you very much!

--
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovemaking.com/