[xml] AIX: Member libxml2.shr.o is not found in archive

Hi,

I successfully compiled libxml2 under AIX 5.3, but experience problems
linking the library libxml2.a. I tried to use the libSBML software, a
parser for a biology markup language, which can use either libxml2,
expat or xerces as its XML parser. But when I try to run a basic
program, I get this error:

bash-2.05a$ ./printSBML
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./printSBML because of the
following errors:
        0509-022 Cannot load module
/hpc/work/fernandz/local/lib/libsbml.a.
        0509-150   Dependent module
/hpc/work/fernandz/local/lib/libxml2.a(libxml2.shr.o) could not be
loaded.
        0509-152   Member libxml2.shr.o is not found in archive
        0509-022 Cannot load module printSBML.
        0509-150   Dependent module
/hpc/work/fernandz/local/lib/libsbml.a could not be loaded.
        0509-022 Cannot load module .

Note that libSBML otherwise works perfectly with expat. Here libxml was
installed in a local directory, but lib paths are correct and libraries
work otherwise.
Has anyone an idea of the problem there ? Why is libxml2.shr.o missing
from the archive ?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,
Eric