Re: [xml] xmllib2-2.6.32 on x86_64

On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 04:50:29AM +0200, DspLabs Srl wrote:
Hello,

the attached patch fixes xmllib2-2.6.32 for a segfault issue occurring
on Linux x86_64 systems during validation when an external error handler
is set with xmlTextReaderSetErrorHandler function.
The problem is located in file xmlreader.c, function
xmlTextReaderBuildMessage and is due to wrong usage of  variable
arguments functions, clearly an invalid code (ISO C99, 7.15)

  Hum, I see what you mean, but instead I think just adding
va_start(ap, msg); and va_end(ap); around the snprintf and limiting the
loop to a maximum size limit is probably a better solution as it
does exactly as the XML_GET_VAR_STR() macro does in error.c
  And that code got a lot of testing, so i would rather reuse
the same rather than a va-list copy,

  what do you think ?

   in any case thanks for raising the issue !

Daniel