Re: [xml] libXML2: Need help on building libXML2 on Unix

Jewel Nandy wrote:
Now when I am linking my own created lib with my main application and trying to build it, it gives error saying:

gzrewind /export/home/hstes/devsrc/libxml2-2.6.31/unixBin/lib/libxml2.a(xmlIO.o) libiconv_open /export/home/hstes/devsrc/libxml2-2.6.31/unixBin/lib/libxml2.a(encoding.o)

Those are functions from zlib and libiconv. When you link your program, you'll also need to provide the path to their object files.

Alternatively, if you don't need zlib (compression) or libiconv (charset support), you can configure libxml2 to build without them with the ./configure script.

Jason