Re: [xml] no readline support for xmllint?

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 01:48:06PM -0400, Jack Tanner wrote:

When using xmllint --shell, it's nice to be able to hit 'Up' to get to
the previously entered command. That doesn't work for me in the Fedora
build of libxml2-2.7.1. Is this by design?

  libreadline is GPL'ed . Even if it's not used by the library and just
by xmllint, this annoys me, so I prefer to drop the dependancy on the
package and avoid the GPL tainting. Modify the configure in the spec
file and rebuild if you really care about this.

Daniel