Re: [xml] XHTML 1.0 to HTML 4.01

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 04:06:44PM +0100, Florent Guiliani wrote:
Hi xml at gnome,

I wonder if there a way, within libxml2, to convert an XML document (xmlDocPtr)
that contains valid XHTML 1.0 into HTML 4.01 ? A way with only libxml2 function
calls would be perfect.

  You could try htmlSaveFile after replacing the doctype as a first
approximation.
Or do I need to use external tools like a stylesheet, tidy, or DIY DOM serialiser ?

  a good stylesheet with libxslt is likely to be the most portable/shareable
solution, and such xsl may be already available. Tidy is another option
but IMHO it's more about cleaning up web HTML than in the other direction.

Daniel