Re: [xml] xmlParseFile gets interrupted

Hello again.

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 13:57:30 +0100
Florian Hanisch <florianhanisch gmx de> wrote:

Hello,

I've got a problem with the xmlParseFile function. Currently I'm
working on a XMMS plugin and within this plugin I need to parse a XML
file.
The plugin consists mainly of a pthread called worker_function:

static void *worker_function(void *arg)
{
      [...]
      xmlDocPtr doc;
      char *docname[MAX_LENGHT_URL + 1];
      [...]
      doc = xmlParseFile(docname);
      [...]
}

When I call xmlParseFile I get the following error message:

error : Interrupted function call
I/O warning : failed to load external entity
"http://musicbrainz.org/ws/1/track/?type=xml&artist=%54%68%65%20%46%69%65%72%79%20%46%75%72%6e%61%63%65%73&limit=1&title=%41%75%74%6f%6d%61%74%69%63%20%48%75%73%62%61%6e%64";

Replacing docname with a local URI (e.g. file:///path/to/file) gives
the desired result (= the parsed XML file).
The loading of the above URL works in a seperate test program.

So the question is: how do I figure out what interrupts xmlParseFile?

I did a strace -f and the only signal I could find which was sent to
thread is SIGRT_1.

I have now fixed the issue by using libcurl to get the file out of the
web and then I parse it via xmlParseDoc().

Thanks in advance.

Greetings, Florian

Greetings, Florian

--
Remember the three Rs: repetition, repetition, repetition! -- The Fall