To: <xml gnome org>
Cc: <ashutosh_p huawei com>; <ranjit huawei com>
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2008 4:19 PM
Subject: [xml] Ambiguity regarding schema content and schema validation

Hello,
I am using libxml version 28. I have a query regarding parsing of
the schema file and as well as schema validation.
Is the attached schema (1.xsd) syntactically correct, (It is having
more than 1 element with the same name, in the complex definition). If it is
correct; instance document (2.xml) is success but whereas the instance
document (3.xml) is returning failure for schema validation using
xmlSchemaValidateDoc( ).
But for schema file, 4.xsd; in which I have interchanged the
datatype definitions, (xs:int with xs:string and vice-versa), it returns
success for both instance document 2.xml and 3.xml.
Any leads will be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the reply.

Thanks and Regards,
Nagesh.